How to use this Database
Welcome to the current and commemorative banknotes database and thanks for buying the access. Here you will find here all world current and commemorative banknotes and be sure this is a unique database.
- Current banknotes are legal tender banknotes that Central Bank still printing, when Central Bank stop the printing they become Rare in circulation (see explanation in below).
- Commemorative banknotes are all banknotes issued to commemorate a date or occasion, this banknotes can also circulates. All withdrawn commemorative banknotes still appearing in this catalog.
The available information
In the top:
- Official country name ex: ‘Albania (Republic of Albania)’.
- Click in the bank logo to access to the central bank website.
- Click in the flag or in the arms to access country description in Wikipedia.
- Currency name and subdivision, ISO code.
- All text in BLUE are internal or Wikipedia external links with more information.
Current banknotes (below the images):
- Denomination of each banknote (banknotes are presented in order of denomination).
- If the banknote is in polymer or hybrid that information is next to the denomination otherwise banknotes are in cotton paper.
- Face value in USD and EUR.
- Following by the SCWPM (Standard Catalog of World Paper Money) number, indicated by ‘P’ and TBB (The Banknote Book) number, indicated by ‘B’.
- Banknote main color and dimensions.
Front and back description, security features, printer, watermark, date (printed in banknote), and intro (date when the banknote enter in circulation).
In the end of the listed banknotes of each country appears some useful information:
Rare in circulation
These banknotes officially still in circulation but rarely seen. When a new banknote or new family of banknotes is issued, the central bank stop the printing of the older ones, they are gradually withdrawn from circulation until disappears.
Withdrawn from circulation
The reference about these banknotes appears only if the banknote still exchangeable, banknotes not in circulation and not exchangeable are valueless, in this case no reference in this database.
Terms of import and export of currencies
If a country has restrictions about his own currency or foreign currencies is related here.
Some additional and useful information.
Information about future issues if known.